B.Tech. Admissions - 2019-2020
VITEEE 2019 - VIT ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT) DURATION: 2:30 HOURS
VITEEE-2019 is a Common Entrance Exam and Eligible candidates can select the courses offered at VIT Vellore Campus, Chennai Campus, VIT-Bhopal and VIT-AP on the day of Counselling as per the merit and availability.
- VITEEE-2019- Date of issue of Online/Offline Application forms : From 1st November 2018 onwards
Number of Questions
• PCME (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English) - 120 questions (Each 40 questions) & English 5 questions = Total 125 questions
• PCBE (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English) - 120 questions ( Each 40 questions) & English 5 questions = Total 125 questions
• No Negative marks for wrong answers
• All Questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
SELECTION OF VITEEE QUESTION PAPER
• Candidates are requested to give utmost attention during VITEEE Question paper selection (PCME / PCBE)
PCME - Candidates appearing in PCME is eligible for all the B.Tech. Degree programmes, as per the VITEEE ranking
PCBE - Candidates appearing in PCBE is eligible only for B.Tech. Bio-stream Degree programmes, as per the VITEEE ranking
Date of Exam: 2nd (or) 3rd week of April 2019- Tentatively
• Number of Sessions: 3 sessions per day
• Exam Timings: (IST) :
• I Session : 09.00 am to 11.30 am
• II Session : 12.30 pm to 03.00 pm
• III Session : 04.00 pm to 06.30 pm
Tentative Dates of VITEEE-2019 Schedule:
- Application Filling, Creating Login credentials using email id and mobile number - From November 2018
- VITEEE Online Application Correction or Editing the Online Application - upto February 2019 (except mobile number / email id and address corrections)
- Slot Booking (PCME/PCBE) and Hall Ticket or Admit Card generation –in March 2019
- VITEEE-2019 - Entrance Exam – 2nd (or) 3rd week of April 2019
- VITEEE-2019 - Result Declaration - End of April 2019
GUIDELINES TO VITEEE – 2019 APPLICANTS
- Online Application Forms : Cost of Online Application Form : Rs. 1150/-
Get ready with the following to submit the online form:
- Softcopy (scanned copy) of recently taken passport size colour photograph with 10kb –200kb (Dimensions - 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) / Softcopy (scanned copy) of Signature of the Candidate with 10kb – 200 kb (Dimensions - 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm ) in JPG / JPEG format. Selfie photos will not be accepted. Also scanned copy of Aadhar Card/proof of enrolment ID for Aadhar Card is to be submitted at the time of counselling
- Mode of Payment - Internet Banking facility through Net banking / Debit card / Credit card
- All our correspondence including centre booking and issue of e-admit card details will be through SMS/email only. Therefore, the applicant is requested to get ready with valid email id and Mobile number for contact. VIT is not responsible for non-receipt of SMS/email in case of incorrect mobile number/email id.
- All the necessary information will be updated on our website www.vit.ac.in in regular intervention
- Offline Application Forms
Cost of Offline Application Forms : Rs.1200/-
Offline (OMR) application forms will be available in selected post offices and VIT Campuses. List of post offices will be released in due course.
ELIGIBILITY NORMS :
• Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1997 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2019
• Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2019 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
• The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State candidates.
• Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
• Regular 'NIOS' board candidates are also eligible for VITEEE. Other Open School candidates are not eligible for VITEEE.
Candidates who have appeared for the +2 exam through different boards in the same academic year are not eligible to appear for VITEEE-2019
Note: All our Admissions are only through Counselling as per VITEEE-2019 ranking. Hence we request the parent/students not to contact any consultants/agents for admission purpose. We have not appointed any consultants /agents for our admissions. For all our admission related information, please refer only www.vit.ac.in website. Do not follow/believe any other fake websites/blogs/facebook/whats’up messages for VIT admission purpose.
CANDIDATES SHOULD SUBMIT THEIR ELIGIBILITY BEFORE THE COMMENCEMENT OF THE PROGRAMME.