CUSAT 2019 Answer Key is releasing soon. Cochin University of Science & Technology is an authority to conduct the CUSAT 2019 university level entrance exam. It is conducted by the name of CUSAT Common Admission Test (CAT) for admission in B.Tech and various PG courses. It also conducts the Lateral Entry Test (LET) and Department Admission Test (DAT). Candidates can get admission in its three affiliated campuses. Candidates can also apply on the basis of GATE and MAT score. Candidates can get here complete details about CUSAT 2019.
CUSAT Application Form 2019
Candidates should read the information mentioned in the prospectus and fill the application form.
- The candidates can fill the application form through online mode.
- The CUSAT application form 2019 has been started from 30th January 2019.
- Candidates can fill the application form till 28th February 2019 with late fee.
- Candidates have to fill all the details carefully.
- No hard copy of the filled application form will be sent to the University by post.
- Candidates those applying on the basis of GATE Score or MAT shall email a soft copy of their Score Sheet/Mark List to CUSAT on or before the final date for on-line submission of application.
The CUSAT 2019 application fee is different for each course. Here, we have mentioned the fee for various categories.
|For Kerala SC/ST candidates
Candidates have to fulfill the all eligibility criteria given below:
- Candidates belong to Kerala SC (KSC) and Kerala ST (KST) communities are eligible for applying.
- SEBC candidates of Kerala State those are certified as belonging to non-creamy layer are eligible for 5% relaxation in the minimum required marks for qualifying examination.
For UG Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: For all UG programmes, candidate should have completed their 12th from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: For UG Programmes (except Marine Engineering), SEBC candidates belong to Non-Creamy Layer of Kerala State have to obtain 45% in PCM (physics, Chemistry Mathematics) taken together.
- B.Com LLB/BBA LLB: 10+2 examination should be passed with 60% marks (for science group) and 55% marks (for Arts/Commerce/Humanities group).
- Age Limit: 20 years as on 1st July 2019 (22 years for SC/ST and OBC candidates).
- LLB: Graduation in any stream from a University recognized from CUSAT by securing 40% aggregate marks (35% for SC/ST).
- Appearing candidates may also apply.
CUSAT Exam Pattern
Here, candidates can check the CUSAT exam pattern for various UG and PG courses.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through online (CBT) mode.
- Duration of Exam: The time allotted to answer the questions will be about 3 hours.
- Type of Question: The question paper will be of objective type questions.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct response 3 marks will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: For each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
||No. of Questions
|First Year B.Tech/Integrated M.Sc in Photonics
The Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) is a government-owned autonomous university. CUSAT University conducts Common Admission Test (CAT), Lateral Entry Test (LET) and Departmental Admission Test (DAT) every year. On the basis of these tests, candidates can get admission in the UG, PG and Ph.D programmes of the university in various streams of academic and professional education. CUSAT (CAT) 2017 is organized for the B.Tech Programme and all other PG programmes. Through this article, candidates may get the complete information about CUSAT 2017 including CUSAT CAT exam date, application form and latest notification for all exams conducted by CUSAT.
CUSAT application form 2017 is available online from 8th February, 2017. Cochin University of Science & Technology conducts Common Entrance Test (CAT) for providing admission to B.Tech, LL.B., LL.M and many other PG programmes. The University also conducts Lateral Entry Test (LET) for providing admission to lateral entry programmes and Departmental Admission Test (DAT) for admission to Ph.D programmes. This article facilitates the candidate with all the details about CUSAT 2017 application Form.
CUSAT Application Form 2017
CUSAT CAT 2017 application form can be filled and submitted through online mode only. Aspirants can fill the application form through official website or from this page. To fill the application form online, firstly candidates have to register themselves. CUSAT application form 2017 is available from 8th February, 2017.
The eligibility criteria for CUSAT CAT 2017 is mentioned below:
- Candidates applying for B.Tech programme must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent from a recognized educational board.
- Candidates having valid GATE score card are eligible for 5% relaxation in the qualifying examination marks for M.Tech Programmes.
- Candidates belonging from Indian/Foreign/PIO candidates are eligible to apply.
- For all UG programmes (except Marine Engineering), the minimum eligibility for SEBC candidates with Non-Creamy Layer Status of Kerala State for admission to B.Tech programme is 45% for Mathematics and 45% for PCM (physics, Chemistry Mathematics) put together in the qualifying examination.
CUSAT 2017 Application Dates
Here, the tentative exam dates of CUSAT CAT 2017 is mentioned:
- Commencement of online registration (except Ph.D/M.Phil/Diploma or certificate programmes): 8th February 2017
- Last date for the submission of online application: 28th February 2017 (without late fee)
- Online registration with late fee: 1st March – 6th March 2017
- Date of Examination: 29th & 30th April 2017
CUSAT Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for First Degree programmes and Lateral Entry to III Semester B.Tech Programme (LET) is given here.
First Degree Programmes
- Mode: The CUSAT CAT 2017 will be conducted through online process (CBT).
- Marking Scheme: For each correct response 3 marks will be awarded and for wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
- No of Questions: The question paper will comprise in 250 objective type multiple choice questions.
- 125 questions will be asked from Mathematics and 125 questions from Physics and Chemistry.
- Duration: The duration of this exam will be three hours.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 750 marks.
CUSAT 2017 Admit Card
Candidates can download the CUSAT 2017 Admit Card from the website. The admit card will be available from the third week of April 2017 (Tentative). The conducting authority will not send the admit card by post. Candidates must retain the admit card till the admission procedure will be over.
CUSAT 2017 Result
CUSAT 2017 Results will be released on the official site of the conducting body. The result will be announced on 15th April 2017. Candidates can get their results after entering their roll number. On the basis of the performance of the candidates, the merit list will be prepared. The merit list will be published on the official portal of the University.
How to Apply
Candidates can follow these steps to fill CUSAT Application Form 2017 :
- Visit the official link of CUSAT (link is given above).
- Start you registration process.
- Enter details like name, age, DOB, Email ID, Mobile Number, User Name, Select security question, answer and then click ‘Confirm’ button.
- A one-time password has been sent to your registered mail ID and mobile number
- Now, login by using user name and password (change your password immediately).
- After login, you can fill all the requisite details in the application form.
- Upload photograph and signature in the specified format and go for payment.
- Choose your payment mode and remit the prescribed application fee.
- At last, note down your registration number and take the printout of the confirmation page.
How to Fill CUSAT Application Form 2017
Prerequisites before starting the online application of CUSAT CAT 2017 is given below:
- Candidate’s personal details
- Valid Email ID and Contact Number
- Scanned copy of colour photograph with the file size between 4 KB and 100 KB ( dimension must be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm)
- Scanned copy of signature with file size 1 KB and 30 KB (dimension must be 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm).
- Valid Credit card/Debit Card details
Check here the steps for filling the online application form of CUSAT CAT 2017:
Step-1: Online Registration
Visit the official link of CUSAT from here. Enter all the required registration details. On the successful completion of registration process, a one-time password will be sent in your registered mail ID/mobile number. Candidates are advised to set your password immediately.
Step-2: Login to Application Form and Fill Details
Now, login with the help of user name and password. Fill your personal and academic details. Select two test centres for appearing the test. Upload scanned images by clicking on upload button.
Step-3: Make the Payment
In this step, candidates have to pay the application fee. The application fee can be paid through credit card/debit card/net banking or through DD. Application fee in bank can be submitted after two working days from the date of registration.
Step-4: Print the Confirmation Page
After successful completion of the application process, note down the system generated registration number and thereafter take the printout of the confirmation that may be required at the time of admission/counselling.
CUSAT 2017 Application Form Correction
Candidates do remember that no correction facility will be provided in the CUSAT CAT 2017 application form. Therefore, fill all the details correctly in the application form.
CUSAT 2017 Counselling
The CUSAT 2017 Counselling will be started after the few weeks of the result declaration. The counseling schedule will be posted on the official website. The CUSAT Counselling will be held for all the passing candidates. No Individuals call letters/ communications will be sent to the candidates by post. In the counselling process, candidates have to register themselves for admission to various academic programmes of the University. The registration will be done only through the login portal, link that is available at the time of counselling. Registered candidates will be allotted seats as per their rank and availability of the seats.
All the academic admissions will be based on the merit of the candidates as determined through an admission test. The admission will be based on the valid score/rank in the prescribed test/examination and score that is obtained in the group discussion/interview. Candidates also fulfill the prescribed eligibility criteria for their appearing course. For certain programmes, National Level tests such as GATE, C-MAT (AICTE), MAT (AIMA), and CAT (IIM) will also consider as an eligibility requirement.