ISI 2020 Exam Date has been released on 23rd October 2019. The entrance exam will be conducted by Indian Statistical Institute. ISI organizes this national level entrance exam once in a year to offer opportunity to the candidates to get admission in various UG and PG courses. Admission will be offered in the B.Math (Hons.), B.Stat (Hons.), M.Stat, M.Math, MS (QE), MS (QMS), M.Tech and other programmes. Candidates are required to qualify the entrance test to get admission in various campuses located in Delhi, Tezpur, Chennai and Bengaluru. Students can also apply for admission in M.Tech through GATE Scores. Candidates can go through this article to know more about ISI 2020 exam procedure, application form, exam related dates, result, counselling etc.
ISI 2020 Application Form
- For the applying candidates, ISI 2020 Application Form will be open from 7th February 2020 and will get closed in the second week of March 2020.
- Candidates are required to fill application form by online mode.
- To complete the application process successfully, students must have access to – internet, a valid email id, scanned copy of signature and digital copy of his/her photograph.
- Before filling the application, students must make sure to go through the complete eligibility criteria.
- Students belonging to reserved category (ST/SC/OBC – NCL) are required to upload their caste certificate. PwD are required to upload their disability certificate.
- The Application process will follow certain steps like – Registration, Filling up of form, uploading of documents and making fee payment.
- Candidates will submit their application form and take the print out of application form for further process.
- General Applicants have to pay Rs. 1250.
- Reserved Applicants have to pay Rs. 625.
Mode of Payment: Candidates have to pay application fee + bank charges. The application fee can be paid via debit/credit card or net banking. Also it can be paid through SBI Challan.
ISI 2020 Eligibility Criteria
For various UG and PG Courses, ISI 2020 Eligibility Criteria is given below:
For B. Stat (Hons) / B. Math (Hons.):
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have completed his/her 12th level from a recognized board/university.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate must have passed 12th level with Mathematics and English subjects.
- Appearing: Students appearing in their 12th level can also apply.
ISI 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of ISI 2020 will vary for various courses. Check the exam pattern given below before starting your preparation for the exam:
- Exam Mode: ISI 2020 Entrance exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Question Type: Questions in the test will be of multiple-choice type and descriptive type. The questions will vary for various courses.
- Sections: Question paper will be divided into two Sections – A and B.
- Total Time: Two hours of time will be given for each section.
- Total Marks: Question paper will be of total 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
ISI 2020 Syllabus
ISI 2020 Syllabus will vary as per the courses chosen by the candidates. The entrance exam for graduation courses will consist of questions from 12th level. For post-graduate courses the test will consist of questions from the syllabus of graduation level.
For B.Stat / B.Math course, the syllabus will contain various topics from the subject of Mathematics – Algebra, Calculus, Trigonometry & Geometry.
For M.Stat course, the syllabus will contain various topics from the subjects of Mathematics and Statistics.
ISI 2019 Exam Date has been revised. It is released by Indian Statistical Institute (ISI). ISI exam is conducted for admission to the Degree, Diploma and junior research fellowship programs. Admission to the programs is based on merit obtained by the candidate in ISI admission test along with interview. Candidates interested in pursuing course from ISI should fill the ISI 2019 application form. In the following article, we have provided ISI exam dates 2019.
ISI 2019 Exam Schedule
Below, we have mentioned the detailed schedule for ISI admission 2019:
ISI Application Form:
The application form for ISI 2019 has been released via online mode. The ISI 2019 application form is available from 5th February 2019 to 15th March 2019. Application fee payment window is opened from 7th February 2019 to 19th March 2019.
Application fee for general category candidates is Rs 1250/- and for reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) candidates Rs 625/-. Application fee can be payment can done via both online and offline mode. Candidates can use debit/credit card, net banking for online mode and e-challan for offline mode.
List of Academic Programmes and Eligibility Criteria for 2018
- 3-year Bachelor of Statistics (Hons): Successful completion of 10+2 years of Higher Secondary Education (or its equivalent) with Mathematics and English as subjects. Stipend ₹3000/- per month (Offered at Kolkata).
- 3-year Bachelor of Mathematics (Hons): Successful completion of 10+2 years of Higher Secondary Education (or its equivalent) with Mathematics and English as subjects. Stipend 3000/- per month (Offered at Bengaluru).
The written test is waived for applicants who are INMO AWARDEES, based on their performance in the Indian National Mathematics Olympiad (INMO) conducted by the National Board of Higher Mathematics, Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India. Such candidates will be directly called for interviews but are required to apply in the prescribed application form like all other candidates
- 2-year Master of Statistics: (i) 3-year Bachelor’s degree or a B.E./B.Tech. degree with Statistics as a subject, or (ii) B.Math. Degree from Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), or (iii) PG Diploma in Statistical Methods and analytics from ISI. Stipend ₹5000/- per month (Offered at Delhi and Chennai).
- 2-year Master of Mathematics: (i) 3-year Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, or (ii) B.Stat. degree from ISI, or (iii) B.E./B.Tech. degree with Mathematics as a subject. Stipend ₹5000/-per month (Offered at Kolkata).
- 2-year Master of Science in Quantitative Economics: 3-year Bachelor's degree in any discipline and have passed the 12th standard examination with Mathematics as a subject. Stipend ₹5000/- per month (Offered at Kolkata and Delhi).
2-year Master of Science in Quality Management Science: (i) 3-year Bachelor's degree with Mathematics as a subject, or (ii) B.E./B.Tech. degree in any discipline. Stipend ₹5000/- per month (Offered at Bengaluru and Hyderabad).
2-year Master of Science in Library and Information Science: 3-year Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Stipend ₹5000/- per month (Offered at Bengaluru).
.2-year Master of Technology in Computer Science: (i) Master's degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/ Electronic Science/ Computer Science/Computer Applications/Information Technology or, (ii) B.E./B.Tech. degree or any other qualification considered equivalent (such as AMIE or, DOEACC ‘B’ Level). Stipend ₹8000/- per month (Offered at Kolkata).
A candidate with a valid GATE score above a threshold (to be decided by the Selection Committee) in his/her own subject will be directly called for interview. However, such candidates are required to apply in the prescribed application form like all other candidates
Selection of candidates will be based on their performance in written tests and interviews conducted by the Institute subject to satisfying the minimum academic qualification.
Note: ISI offers PhD degree only in the areas mentioned in 13 (a), (b), (c), (d) and (e). Candidates who have been awarded a Junior Research Fellowship in the afore-mentioned areas by NBHM/CSIR/UGC/ICMR/DST/DBT based on a nationally conducted written Admission Test are also required to clear the ISI Admission Test or an equivalent test conducted by the institute provided they wish to obtain a PhD degree from ISI. No equivalent Admission Test will be conducted this year for these awardees.
Candidates selected for Junior Research Fellowships may be asked to join at a place other than the one opted for, if necessary.
Due consideration is given to OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD candidates for all programmes. (See Prospectus for ISI reservation policy)
Limited hostel facility is available.
Candidates residing in India can apply only ON-LINE through the official website http://www.isical.ac.in/~admission/. Applicants from outside India are requested to contact the Dean's office at the following e-mail address: email@example.com with subject: Admission 2018-2019. The Admission Test is conducted at various centres all over India. The overseas candidates are also required to appear in the Admission Test at one of these Test centres.
Applicants should read carefully the Prospectus and the instructions given in the website before filling in the application form.
An applicant must have access to the Internet, an email account, acrobat reader and need to have a digital copy of his/her photo and signature in appropriate format and size (see Prospectus).
Application Fee: ₹ 1000.00 for all applicants in the unreserved (General) category, ₹ 500.00 for reserved (OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD) category candidates for all programmes.
Incomplete/Improper Application Forms will be rejected.
ISI 2019 Answer Key:
The authority will release the provisional answer key on 3rd week of May 2019. The answer key will be published set wise for all the programs.Window to challenge the answer key will open from 3rd to 4th week of May 2019.
Through answer key candidates can check the correct answer for the questions asked in the ISI exam. The final answer key will be published in 4th week of May 2019.
ISI 2019 Result:
The ISI 2019 result will be declared on last week of May 2019. The result of ISI 2019 will be in the form of merit list. It will be released through online mode.
The merit list of ISI will have detail in it such as Rank, registration number and name. After the release of merit list, candidates are required to appear for interview rounds.
ISI Interview & Counseling:
The interview will be conducted in the month of June 2019 through offline mode. On the basis of interview & admission test, the admission lists will be released.
In the ISI Counselling, first round of seat and wait list allotment will begin from 1st week of July 2019. Second round will begin from 2nd week of July 2019. The final round will begin from 3rdweek of July 2019.
Candidates will have to accept seat offered through online mode after every round of seat allotment. Provisionally admitted candidates will have to report at specified center for document verification, payment of fee and completion of admission process.