SPOT Admission against vacant seatsin B.Tech. Programme 2019
at BIT Deoghar, Campuses
Spot admission against vacant seats will be conducted for B.Tech. programme at BIT Deoghar Campuses for the session 2019-20, as per schedule given below.
Interested and eligible candidates may report for counselling cum spot admission.
Note: Candidates reporting for spot admission beyond the scheduled time will not be entertained.
Round - 2
17th July 2019
24th July 2019
10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Candidates should please see below for details of the eligibility criteria, detailed list of certificates/ documents to carry at the time of reporting for counselling, and fees payable at time of admission.
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1 October 1994 are eligible for admission. However, in the case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates who were born on or after 1 October 1989 are eligible for admission. Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board (Class X, High School) certificate only will be taken as authentic.
- Candidate must have passed in the final examination of 10+2 (Class XII), or its equivalent, referred to as the qualifying examination.
- Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.Tech. programme shall be as under:
4.The candidate must have appeared in JEE (Main) 2019 and should have secures a valid AIR (CRL Rank) in JEE (Main) 2019.
- BC-I / BC-II of Jharkhand State for admission at BIT Deoghar Campus: The candidates must have passed their qualifying exam from the State of Jharkhand and should be BC-I / BC-II of Jharkhand State only. A certificate should have been issued on or after 1st April 2018.
- BC-I / BC-II of Bihar State for admission at BIT Patna Campus: The candidates must have passed their qualifying exam from the State of Bihar and should be BC-I /BC-II/ BC Girls of Bihar State only. A certificate should have been issued on or after 1st April 2018.
Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence (http://www.edcil.co.in), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU (website http://www.aiuweb.org).
In case any Board awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent percentage of marks would be multiplied GPA/CGPA by 10 or based on the procedure prescribed by the Board. Candidate must have adequate proficiency in written & spoken English to cope up with the programme as all instructions and examinations will be in English only.
At any level of the studies [Class X or Class XII], a candidate / applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board.
- HOW TO APPLY
Interested and eligible candidates must report in person and submit the Application Form b/w 10:00 am to 1:00 pm on the day of counselling at the Campus with:
- Duly completed application form (The link for downloading application form is given below).
b.Originals and a set of photocopies of all documents listed below
- Crossed Demand Draft for Rs 1,000/- (General/BC) and Rs. 750/- (SC/ST) candidates in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology”, payable at the city where reporting for.
Please click here to download the Application Form (PDF)
Candidates who had applied earlier and not got any seat allotment so far, need not to apply again but will be required to bring a copy of application form generated online with proof of application fee paid through S B Collect.
Candidates who had applied earlier and got seat allotment but could not join the programme, should apply for the programme as a fresh candidate by paying the application fee.
Candidates should proceed to fill the Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
For queries about any Campus, please contact Director of respective Campus. [Please refer directory on the Institute website for contact details of Mesra and its other Off Campuses].
Provisional selections for each category will be made in merit based on CRL Rank in JEE Main 2019 and also fulfill other eligibility criteria mentioned above. The provisionally selected candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria given above, else the offers will be withdrawn.
The seat allotment result will be announced by 5:00 pm only on the Institute Notice Boards. No separate intimation will be sent to individual. Hence, candidates are advised to visit our Institute website regularly pertaining to updates of admission.
- Fees payable:
The fees to be deposited at the time of admission are as below - both amounts by separate crossed Demand Drafts (For details please see Institute website).
Rs. 1,48,500/- for BIT Deoghar Campus
In addition to the above, students at BIT Deoghar & BIT Patna Campuses will also be required to deposit Hostel Caution Money* (One Time only - Refundable) of Rs.5,000/-. They will also be required to pay suitable mess advance at the beginning of each semester, which will be adjusted against their mess charges / expenditure. For the July 2019 session, this mess advance will be Rs. 18,000/- (Rs. 13,000/- for Girls at Patna campus).
All fees must be paid by crossed Demand Draft in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology” payable at Deoghar (for admission at Deoghar), payable at Jaipur (for admission at Jaipur) and payable at Patna (for admission at Patna). The candidate may also pay the admission fee through State Bank Collect by using the net banking or credit card payment of any nationalized bank. For detail, please see Institute website. No partial payment shall be entertained.
(E)List of original certificates & documents required during reporting for counselling:
Candidates should also carry two recent photographs identical to that used in their Application Form / JEE-MAIN 2019 Admit Card.
- Application form generated electronically
- Proof of application fee (Rs. Rs.1,000/- for General / OBC candidates or Rs.750/- for SC/ST candidates)
- Admit Card and Rank Card of JEE-MAIN 2019
- Pass Certificate of Class 10 as proof of date of birth
- Mark Sheet of Class 10
- Mark Sheet of Class 12
7.Caste Certificate (if applicable) in proper format and issued by appropriate authority of rank not less than SDO
- School Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate
10.Requisite admission fee in the form of Demand Draft / Online payment
Provisionally selected candidates will be required to show / submit the originals of these documents at the time of admission. In case, candidates have already been taken admission in any of the Institute/ campus, must bring the proof of documents submitted. However, they will be required to submit the same documents within 10 days of admission.
Enroll for career Counselling Program - Click here